In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the reliability aspects of our advanced X-ray detector developments. This includes the reliability of both the design and the manufacturing aspects for products that are used in a wide range of applications like medical, dental, industrial and scientific;
- Manage the reliability aspects in product development projects by investigating potential failure mechanisms of the detector design and manufacturing process;
- Be responsible for defining and executing reliability improvement projects together with engineers form the R&D and Q&R departments;
- Apply the physics-of-failure methodology (evidence based reliability testing, identification of potential failure mechanisms, modeling, etc.) to continuously improve the reliability of our product designs and processes;
- Invest in understanding the requirements from our customers and applications;
- Work in challenging multi-disciplinary product development teams with colleagues from the Q&R, R&D & M&S departments and project managers in our three manufacturing locations Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Sunnyvale (CA, USA) and Waterloo (ONT, Canada).
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Hold an academic degree in Physics or similar;
- Have strong analytical capabilities, and an interest in high-tech products and manufacturing processes;
- Have at least five years of relevant work experience.
The candidate will report to the Manager of the Research Group within R&D, based in Eindhoven.
Apply for this posting
Teledyne DALSA offers competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. This includes group retirement savings plan with company contributions, employee profit sharing, extended health and dental benefits and a smoke free environment. Relocation assistance is also provided. Teledyne DALSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.