Inspecting Continuous Webs
Materials produced in a continous roll or sheet, such as paper, textiles, film, foil, plastics, metals, glass, or coatings, are best inspected by line scan systems. Line scanning offers unlimited pixels in the in the direction of a web's motion with zero smear even at high speeds, higher dynamic range, greater processing efficiency and much lower price/pixel.
100% print inspection Large web inspection Plastic film production Glass inspection
Line scan systems provide higher resolution with fewer cameras and inspect 100% of a moving surface without smear or the need to process frame overlaps.
What vision tasks do you need to perform?
Could your manufacturing process benefit from vision tasks like these?
- Find defects such as cracks, tears, knots, holes
- Find color variations
- Guide a robot for cutting, trimming, or shaping
- Read a barcode, 2D matrix code, or stamped characters
- Perform a critical dimensional measurement
- Communicate with 3rd party equipment such as robots, PLCs, HMIs, and remote storage
Read more about Teledyne DALSA cameras in web inspection:
Trilinear Cameras Offer High-Speed Color Imaging Solutions
Teledyne DALSA Machine Vision Capabilities and Tools
Teledyne DALSA is the world leader in line scan imaging components. Our high resolution (up to 16k), high sensitivity, high speed cameras allow the highest quality inspection.
- High speed, low light, high resolution image capture
- High speed Framegrabbers for data acquisition, such as the Xcelera series
- Sapera, Sherlock, and iNspect software for powerful image processing including:
- Pattern matching tools for locating and identifying parts or features for alignment
- Edge tools for detecting the presence, absence, or position of features
- Measurement tools for checking dimensional accuracy
- Barcode (1D and 2D) readers for product identification and tracking
- Print recognition (OCR) tools for product identification, tracking, and readability
- Count tools for verifying the number of parts or features
- Surface flaw tools for detecting scratches, cracks, and discoloration
- Color tools for verifying the amount and location of colored elements.
Teledyne DALSA-authorized distributors can show you how to start saving time and money with our industrial vision solutions.
Contact us today!
Can we help?
What kind of solution do you need?
Compact vision system for end users on the factory floor:
Individual Components to design into your own vision system: